The newest Dash Camera model “X9” from the stables of IROAD has already arrived. We’ll have a close look at it and explore its features and benefits. Although IROAD brand is relatively new, it directly competes with the best in the market and there is no doubt in X9’s capability to perform just as well, as some of the current leading dash cams in the market, even excelling in some areas while being loaded with awesome features. Well, it’s a strong contender for your next all-rounder dash cam purchase.
The IROAD X9 has a sleek and less bulky design than that of its closest competitors. The unit is able to rotate up to 90 degrees for greater flexibility and particularly the rear camera is powered by a mini USB and not a tangled cable, which can be damaged by the design.
Video Quality – Truly Exceptional
Thanks to the Sony Starvis sensor – the X9’s video quality while driving in the daytime was splendid. The rear camera was equal in quality and performed very well in capturing all of its surroundings with clear and crisp resolution. The X9 is able to capture video in low light conditions exceptionally well and auto detects when it is being placed into parking mode, making it much clearer and brighter at night when compared to dash cams from competitors. The amount of contrast between colours during playback is outstanding while the level of clarity places it on a par with other high-end dash cams.
Amazing Heat Control
Experts tested the IROAD X9 for heat are happy to report that “Higher than usual temperatures did not affect the camera’s functionality”. The X9 was left continuously recording and noticed that the heat emitted was relatively low and this is one of the reasons as to why the IROAD X9 has become an extremely popular choice in a very short time.
Low Electricity Ingestion
At just 2.9W (2CH basis), X9 has the minimum electricity consumption. As it emits heat from the electric circuit, the power intake is just half when compared to other dash cams in its segment.
Driver Assistance Features & Road Safety Warning System
The X9 also features an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), which contributes to a higher standard of road safety. When GPS is enabled, the integrated warning system provides both audio and visual alerts for front collisions, front vehicle departures and lane departure.
- The front vehicle collision calculates your car’s speed, the distance between the vehicles in front and will notify you the instant that your car is no longer at a safe braking distance from the vehicle in front.
- The front vehicle departure feature once again uses the front camera sensor and is similar to the collision system in that once it detects movement from the vehicle in front of you it will give you a verbal notification.
- The lane departure detects in real-time where the lanes on the road are and will notify you if you start drifting outside.
Your Data Is Safe & Secure
IROAD uses the format free auto recovery technology, which is one of the most stable file systems, as the recording is automatically saved in the main memory unit. Given that, IROAD uses its own dot JDR file format, new memory cards don’t require regular formatting, which guarantees the safety of the data and the device. What’s more, saved images can be restored with the auto recovery system, which means you never have to worry about losing important footage. Finally, its automatic reboot function protects the unit by checking for SD card errors and organising the saved data.
- In the two-channel system, the front camera is equipped with a Sony Starvis sensor while the rear camera is fitted with the Sony Exmor sensor. Both cameras record in Full HD 1080p at 30 frames per second; have a sophisticated 9-mode where the dash cam will sense it is dark, and automatically turn up the brightness of the video recording.
- The sensor embedded in the front and rear is found in many leading dash cam models, which received widespread praise for both their video recording capabilities and fantastic nighttime performance.
- It is also worth noting that the X9 boasts 150 degrees front viewing angle and a rear-viewing angle of 145 degrees beating many other dash cams in this segment hands down.
- The microphone on this unit is very high quality and announces events – for instance when entering or exiting the recording mode (i.e. GPS connected – start recording etc).
- While there is a manual recording button built onto the device, there is a built-in power button, which is a welcome innovation when compared to its competitors.
- The IROAD X9 comes with free mobile and desktop app that supports both iOS and Android-based platforms, which makes pairing with mobile devices an easy process. The app is quick to respond and allows the user to change features such as time, parking mode and sensitivity settings.
- The Live-View stream is excellent with hardly any lag between what was picked up by the camera and what the phone screen displays. The X9 also allows users on the go to capture a screenshot of what this camera sees and to switch to the rear view camera. Users also have the option to select a favourite screen, so the app will automatically open to the Live-View front or rear camera upon opening.
- Finally, the dash cam also allows you to search for videos that have already been recorded by the camera, highlighting recordings that have been viewed with a different colour, which makes searching for videos easier.
- Just like many other current dash cams on the market, you’re also able to connect the X9 directly to the computer and adjust all the finer settings from there.
- Better still, it’s even MAC OS compatible. One feature that is integral in the desktop is the option to fast-forward the video recordings to create a time-lapse style playback, which other competitors currently do not support.
- In addition, GPS can be enabled as an optional accessory allowing the user to view the vehicle’s speed and location during playback via Google Maps when in a desktop mode.
- The video seamlessly jumps from one recording to the next, which helps when trying to find a specific incident when reviewing video footage. You can also download any updates straight from the screen and turn off the LED on the dash cam itself.
Experts tested the IROAD X9 is happy to report that, “This unit not only rival its competitor’s products in terms of ability but also excel in providing a more optimised user experience”. The X9’s excellent recording capabilities, combined with the various finer details such as letting you know if a voltage has caught off or if an impact was detected in the parking mode during start-up is what makes the unit stand out from its rivals. The fact that the compact X9 includes a hard-wire kit and other conveniences that allow it to operate right out-of-the-box shows that IROAD understands their customers and the need for a simple solution that functions efficiently.